Friday, December 14, 2012

Clearwater Lights New LED's!

Insatal manual and crash bar mounts
 I don't know about you but my vision is not the same at night as it once was.  Must be something with getting older.  Anyhow.  I noticed that the stock headlight on the C50T just does not throw off enough light at night.  I have been riding with a great group of people here in Nj and I noticed a number of them added LED lights to the front of their bikes.  Some of them are really bright and make the bike very visible during the day time trips.  It is at night however that the difference is really apparent.  I looked at the various motorcycle forums and  found a number of answers.  I chose the Clearwater Lights "Glenda" model for the bike.  http://www.clearwaterlights.com  One of the main reasons that I chose these lights is the fact that you can dim the lights with a separate dimmer switch.  When riding with my friend that have theirs always on the excessive brightness is difficult to handle when they are behind you.    
The dimmer switch.
Add caption
Because I added lowers to the bike I can not mount them on the front forks.  So I will be adding them to the crash bars.  This is a separate Kit for the crash bar mount.  Also I am not technically savvy enough to perform this installation my self so I will be going to the dealer to have them put them on.  

About 2"

About 2"

Crash bar mount in back of light
I am really looking forward to having these on the bike.  Not only to improve my vision at night but also to improve my signature to the cagers on the road!


More updates follow.






Well I have finally had the Clearwater light installed on the bike.  I have yet to take it out a night but the installation went well.  They look great and now I can be seen during the day.  I have a flash to pass feature on the bike.  When you hit this switch the high beams flash.  The clearwater light are hooked up to this switch so when I hit the button the clearwater lights go to full power.  They are alos hooked up the to the high beams to go to full power.

No comments:

Post a Comment